Image via WebUrbanist.
- For those who somehow missed it, the Iran missile photo debate. Also, (via Notes…) Errol Morris’s take.
- In other foreign visual manipulation news: in Egypt, the news that the news may no longer control the news is top news. That includes visuals and audio.
- Art to Go on surveillance. An artist I would add: Jill Magid.
- What color was T-rex? We may soon have the information to figure that out.
- Eight beautifully decrepit theatres.
- That’s A Negative wrote a birthday post for Minor White that includes lots of background and images that I, for one, never knew about before. White was definitely something of an itinerant preacher, leaving little whorls of inspiration in his wake. TAN never mentions my closest connection to White: in the seventies, White visited Duke University and helped organize a show and catalogue that eventually resulted in a photography magazine (much less impressive than Aperture) called Latent Image, which is still produced today. I edited it for two years back in the good ol’ days of my undergraduate career, and it certainly helped nurse my nascent photographic interest. Thanks, Minor.